Shiitake Immunity Fritters
These immune boosting fritters are simple to make and super tasty. They make the perfect snack, lunch or light dinner, and you can dip them in sweet chilli sauce for extra deliciousness. Enjoy!
Servings: 3 people
- 1 can Organic Chickpeas
- 2 cups Cauliflower fresh, finely chopped
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs preferably gluten-free
- 1 pc Spring Onion chopped
- 1 cup Rocquette leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup Dandelion leaves fresh, roughly chopped
- 1 pc Carrot grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 tsp Shiitake powder equiv 2g
- 5 slices Shiitake mushrooms fresh, or dried is also ok. If dried, leave to soak in hot water for 15 minutes before using.
- 1/4 cup Sunflower oil
- 1/2 tsp Curry powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Plain flour to coat
Put the chickpeas and cauliflower into a food processor and process until roughly smooth. Place into a large mixing bowl.
Combine the puree with the breadcrumbs, spring onions, greens, carrot, cheese, egg, shiitake powder and spices. Add salt and pepper if desired. Mix together and roll into patties.
Coat each patty with flour and place a shiitake slice on top. Then fry in oil in a large pan until golden. Serve with sweet chilli sauce,